There will be bustling Christmas markets under the stars with tempting treats aplenty; gifts galore from the South West’s best artisans and makers; festive tunes from a Barbershop Choir; and an abundance of places to eat, drink and be merry.
The Christmas Good Food and Craft Markets open with a bumper offering on the first Sunday in December, with over 70 stalls offering festive wares and unique gifts. Amongst these will be flowers from Sunday Bunch, handcrafted accessories from Terra Jewellery and Southway Silver, vegan skincare from Soap and Pamper, tipples from Barbican Botanics, tasty treats from Devon Fudge, Chunky Cookie Company, and Heyl Bakery, and much, much more.
• For those looking to start their Christmas shopping sooner rather than later, the November Good Food and Craft Market will take place on Sunday 6th November, 10am-3pm and Native Makers will run a weekend market with a festive feel on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th November in Ocean Studios.
• Le Vignoble is hosting its Mega Christmas Wine Tasting on Thursday 24th November. This popular annual event provides the opportunity to sample over 100 different wines. Tickets can be booked at
• Christmas Good Food and Craft Markets will run throughout December on Sundays and Wednesday evenings. Add Sunday 4th, 11th and 18th December, 10am-3pm to your calendar, and Wednesday 7th, 14th and 21st, 5-9pm, for a spot of late night shopping. These will take place in the iconic Melville building at the centre of Royal William Yard, both indoors and in its courtyard.
• On Sunday 11th and Wednesday 14th December, the Yard will come alive with the sound of a Barbershop Choir, performing festive favourites and bringing Christmas cheer.
• Children’s Christmas craft activities will run during the Sunday markets, offering fun for all the family, for free.
• As an extra special Christmas treat, there will be a Christmas hamper giveaway, featuring a selection of over 25 treats from Good Food and Craft Market traders. The hamper giveaway will open on 4th December and close on 18th December.
• Native Makers December market will take place on Saturday 10th December in Ocean Studios, offering unique gifts, mulled wine, live music, and kids crafts.
There are many other opportunities to shop at the Yard, with talented independent business offering a range of one-of-a-kind gifts, including hand-picked clothes and accessories at boutique, Identity Fashion; award-winning handmade chocolates from Domea Favour; luxury haircare sets from YOKE the Salon; locally made gifts in Ocean Studios ground floor shop; and gift vouchers available right across the Yard.
“The atmosphere at Christmas is always special here, and this year there is no shortage of opportunities to shop, indulge or celebrate with our packed programme of events,” says Hailey Cattle, Regional Marketing Manager for Urban Splash. “Looking the part too, we will have a Christmas tree on the green and illuminations throughout the Yard – this will be the place to be to feel festive.”
Find out more at www.royalwilliamyard.com and stay up to date with all festive goings-on by following @royalwilliamyd on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.