Incorporating physical activity into your daily routine will become a key part of your self-care routine. But, making drastic changes such as planning to go to the gym daily or purchasing expensive equipment for home workouts can be difficult to sustain, as these are unrealistic expectations if you’re just starting out and already have a lot on your plate. The better option is to focus on setting realistic goals, such as exercising for at least 30 minutes three times a week. This can include jogging, body-weight exercises, or visiting your local gym. As you get used to a fitness schedule, consider increasing the intensity of the workouts. If finding more than 30 minutes is difficult, the best option is to practice HIIT - High-Intensity Interval Training. HIIT provides the perfect blend of exercise for all major muscle groups of your body while improving your cardiovascular health as well.
Given that you’ll be juggling the side hustle along with a host of other responsibilities, efficiently managing your time by being productive will play a key role in success. In 2023, there are a host of tools, including those powered by artificial intelligence, which you can use to improve all parts of your side hustle, for instance:
● Consider using project management software to create a to-do list and track the progress of all projects.
● Whether you need to write a blog, website copy, or social media content, there are numerous AI-powered writing tools to help you in creative endeavours.
● When it comes to tracking the performance of your website or online store, just the best analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, ensure you’re always making informed data-based decisions.
When managing a job/school in addition to a side hustle, you’re bound to prioritize work above everything else. However, this is a common mistake made by most individuals with side hustles that eventually leads to burnout and failure to achieve their professional and personal goals. The reason for failure will not be that you don’t work enough; it’ll be not getting the ample amount of rest needed to function at your best daily. Sleeping less than seven hours a day as an adult can lead to a host of issues, such as difficulty in concentrating on tasks, irritable moods, suppressed appetite, and feeling lethargic rather than energized throughout the day, as reported by Mental Health UK. The key to avoiding these issues is to create a healthy sleep routine in the following ways:
● Stop using electronics at least an hour before bedtime.
● Purchase thick curtains that cut out lines and provide a dark environment for you to sleep in.
● Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature, as fluctuations in temperature can lead to you waking up at night, making it harder to achieve REM sleep.
By following these steps, you’ll see a noticeable improvement in your mood and productivity within a matter of days.
For more information on the importance of responsible screen time management for both employers and employees, please click here.
Written by Jennifer McGregor