The much-loved destination offers much to see and do, with its mix of bustling restaurants, bars, shops, wellbeing offering, water sports, and even its own marina – all sitting alongside a lively artistic community and a packed calendar of events.
Royal William’s Yard’s new-look website now makes it easy to see what’s on and curate a stay or special occasion. The ‘itinerary builder’ tool allows visitors to custom-build a schedule with just a few clicks, simply by selecting favoured places or activities and selecting ‘add to itinerary’. The list automatically saves, ready to be edited, kept and shared. With contact details listed on your itinerary, it makes booking a breeze.
Hailey Cattle, Regional Marketing Manager for Urban Splash, said: “Whether it’s a romantic getaway, a catch-up with friends, or planning a holiday, we want you to be able to curate your visit and enjoy memorable experiences. Having inspiration and information right at your fingertips makes planning and organising a trip so much easier, leaving more time to enjoy yourself.”
If you had 24 hours to spend in Royal William Yard what would you do? What takes your fancy on a weekend away? Discover a sample itinerary for inspiration on how you could spend 24 or 48 hours at Royal William Yard, or try out the itinerary builder yourself at royalwilliamyard.com/things-to-do
– Tuck in to a well-earned breakfast at Hub Box. They may be best known for exemplary burgers and BBQ, but their epic breakfast menu is a best kept secret and not to be missed
– Indulge in some retail therapy, stopping at Identity Fashion for one-of-a-kind designs and accessories, or treat yourself to handmade chocolates from Domea Favour
– Have a light lunch or a relaxed dining experience– there’s something for everyone, including newest arrival at the Yard, Vietnamese restaurant Pho
– Wander along the scenic South West Coast Path and enjoy the coastline of Devil’s Point, with views of Cornwall and Drake’s Island – why not cool off in our very own tidal pool!
– Couldn’t resist the water? Bid farewell to salty locks and enjoy a blow-dry at ethical hair specialists, YOKE The Salon.
– Stop for a sundowner and a bite at one of the many bars or restaurants overlooking the water or lawn, why not pair it with wine tasting at Le Vignoble?
– Say hello to a new day in style, watch the sun come up from the sea and join a group paddle with South West SUP. Then revive yourself with coffee and a pastry in The Shack afterwards.
– Set the pace as you see fit, with plenty to do if you want to be active or slow things right down. You can’t get much calmer than an open-air Ashtanga Yoga class by the sea
– Schedule in self-care, with one of the many treatments on offer at Enhance Aesthetics and Wellness; rejuvenating treatments and massages work wonders to refresh and reset
– Be guided by your taste buds, with a truly global food offering available. Pizzas and pasta in Wildwood and Prezzo, Asian-inspired dishes at Wagamama, and the renowned hanging kebabs at The Club House are all well worth a try
– Learn a new skill at Ocean Studios, with classes for all ages spanning pottery, printing, portrait painting and much more. Or take in a pop-up art exhibition or open studio tour
– Seco Lounge is perfect for a cocktail or two while looking over the marina as the sun sinks below the horizon – if you time it right, there’s even a weekly quiz night
– Stay at our boutique B&B, Rooms by Bistrot Pierre, with its own secret garden and breakfast just a few steps across the lawn at Bistrot Pierre
– On day two, take to the sea with Plymouth Boat Trips to ‘cook your catch’. Try your hand at fishing, with your catch served up in our independent seafood and speciality rum bar, The Hook & Line
– Take part in our new interactive walking tour. The Geo trail has been created with the University of Plymouth and takes you on a tour 380 million years into the past! Grab a guide in the Welcome Suite as you enter the Yard
– Check out our events calendar for everything from live music to makers markets, plus our ever-popular monthly Good Food and Craft Market. We’re guaranteed to have something on to keep you occupied and entertained – all in a setting like no other.